I have been meaning to post this for forever and today is the day!! Dudes … if you are not Waze’ing, you are just Wrong’ing. Fact. Waze is community based navigation (GPS), meaning, all road reports come from users and are up to the minute. If you pass a pig who is waiting in that shady spot on the highway, report it so that all the drivers that come behind you will know when to slow their shit down. Heavy traffic? Construction? Crap in the middle of the road? Car on the shoulder? Report it! Community, ya’ll!
- I use iCal faithfully and as long as I include the address in my schedule, all I have to do is open Waze and it automatically charts me to that location. Calendar Sync Amazingness!
- Locations can be saved as favorites, but you can also see previous locations you Wazed to so instead of having to type them in, just scroll and click.
- You can actually schedule trips in Waze and it will notify you in advance, what time you will need to leave (based on road conditions) in order to reach your destination on time.
- If you take trips to and from a location regularly, Waze catches on, you don’t have to tell it you are on your way home from work because Waze already knows.
- Searching is amazing, just type in the name of the place you are looking for OR the type (i.e. gas station) and kablamo!
- Lastly, you can program a message into Waze that is announced when you reach your destination. The default is to not leave your child in the car (lets face it – that could be a life saver for some) but I set mine to remind me not to leave my KEYS in the car (repeat offender here).
I am certain there are additional (valuable*) benefits that I am forgetting or simply, unaware of, but who needs more than the above to be sold?? Check out the Waze website for a demo or just get with it and download the Waze App ASAP!
*non-“valuable” benefits: you are able to choose the icon you wish to represent you as a driver, you can include photos in your reports, it is optional to chat with other users, etc.